If you have kids, you know how frustrating they can be. You also know that they can be VERY funny. My kids are 3 and 5. Both are boys. It's quite a challenge, let me tell you! But I wouldn't change a thing about it. Here are a few of the funny things they've been saying lately:
My husband and oldest son were talking about the kids on a school bus that was in front of them. The conversation goes something like this...
Husband: When I was in school, the cool kids sat in the back of the bus.
Son: So, did you sit in the front of the bus?
He was totally serious. I told my husband our son must think he's a "nerd".
Another time, my oldest son was telling me how much he loves me. He of course is not telling my husband anything of the sort. So, the rest of the conversation goes like this...
Husband: What about me?
Son: (long pause) Well, I'm sure Josh loves you a lot.
The funny part was that it was obvious to both of us that the long pause was due to him trying to think of something he could say that wouldn't hurt my husband's feelings.
These types of lines aren't only directed at my husband in case you're wondering. One time when you youngest was being quite a handful, I was at the end of my rope with him.
Mom: Josh, I'm gonna sell you at Wal-Mart.
Son: I think he's gonna be on the shelf for a LONG time.
These are a few of the many bright spots from my kids. I hope they gave you a chuckle. I'll add more as I think of them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Donna, good morning. My name is Vince Howard. I am just starting a blog about KIDS SAY THE FUNNIEST THINGS.I am babysitting a 32 month old and, like your two sons when they were 3 and 5, can say the funniest things! And like yourself, I wanted to share these "chuckles" with as many people as I can. I see you haven't posted any stories in awhile. I would like to invite you to share some with me. Hope you're having a great weekend! Vince
Post a Comment